Traveling in your ATV or your dirt bike is one of the best ways to enjoy the beauty of the country. Off roading is a great way to appreciate the different terrains in the forest. Although ATVs are "street legal" in some states of the U.S., this is not the case in other states. Therefore, ATVs are usually used off the road in order to brave different kinds of terrains. When traveling off the road, you need to take a few things with you to prepare yourself for a long travel ahead.
1. Sunglasses - Driving especially during the day can be hot and tiring for the eyes so it is important to bring your sunglasses with you.
2. Goggles - a set of goggles is essential especially if you are going do some hardcore off-road driving. Sunglasses are not enough because aside from the heat of the sun, you also need to protect your eyes from dust and dirt that can affect your driving and endanger your safety.
3. Backpack - a backpack is essential because it is where you will put personal things. You may tie your backpack at the back of your vehicle to make sure that it does not interfere with your driving. You may also wear it while you drive, but the extra weight that you have to carry can make the travel more exhausting.
4. Towels - because it is less likely that you will be staying in hotels where towels can be readily available, you need to bring your own towel in case you need to shower in the campgrounds.
5. Personal Hygiene Products - these include soap, shampoo, razors, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant or anything else that you need to stay clean after a long off-road travel.
6. Jack, Tire Iron and other Tools - tools are important in case you run into a flat tire. If you do not have these tools, it can ruin your whole trip so you better be ready for anything.
7. Spare Tire - you can never really tell what kind of terrain you are going to go through during your travel so you need to be ready with a spare tire.
8. Food Items and Water - bringing some food with you will allow you to enjoy some snacks on the road. Water is also important especially if you are going to travel on a hot day.
9. Mobile Phone - it is important to bring your cell phone with you so that you will be able to contact people in case you run into an accident.
10. MP3 Player - to avoid getting bored while you drive, bring your MP3 player or iPod with you. Listening to music can make your trip more enjoyable.
11. Compass or GPS Tool - this is important to make sure that you do not get lost on the road.